August 13, 2006

Scrabble Rear Handed to Me

I recently created a new profile for playing Scrabble against the computer, and started playing against a 1400 ranking. After that, I always play the computer set at the lowest ranking possible ABOVE MINE. Since the computer goes in increments of 50, if I have a 1437 ranking, I play against 1450.

Well, that first game I made the "error" of scoring nearly 500 points, and was ranked accordingly -- somewhere above 2000. So I had to play the computer at its highest ability, and had 3 games in a row where my Scrabble rear was just handed to me ... until my ranking finally fell low enough that I was playing against a 1600 and beat up on it. So now the new profile is 2-3.

And now, for my Scrabble word of the day, which could probably never be played because it's too long, but it's just a GREAT word for word lovers to know:

borborygmus: the rumbling sound your stomach makes "when you're hungry" (actually when gasses are moving around in there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home